Saturday, May 3, 2008

Pumpkin Muffins

Brooke, here's the recipe you asked me for. Sorry it's taken me so long to get it here.

1/2 c. butter of margarine, softened
3/4 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 c. molasses
1 egg
1 c. cooked, mashed pumpkin
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. chopped pecans

Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add molasses, egg, and pumpkin, mixing well. Combine flour, soda, and salt. (I usually skip the separate mixing and just add all the dry ingredients to the wet. Now you know what a sloppy cook I am. I just don't need the extra bowl to wash!) Add to creamed mixture, mixing well. Stir in pecans. Spoon batter into greased muffin pans, filling them 3/4 full. Bake at 400* for 18 minutes. Yield: 16 muffins.

No comments: