Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cabbage Crunch Salad

1 head cabbage, sliced thin
4 green onions, chopped
2-3 chicken breasts, grilled (I use my George Forman and pour a little dressing over it right before it is done)
1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1 pkg. Top Ramen noodles, broken

dressing:
1/2 cup oil (i use canola)
6 T rice vinegar
4 T sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 pkg Top Ramen chicken seasoning

I make the dressing in my blender or food processor, pouring the oil in last, slowly. Combine first 3 ingredients in a salad bowl. Pour dressing over salad and toss. Add almonds and broken noodles right before serving, toss again. Also good with mandarin oranges too.

I usually serve it with baked beans and breadsticks.

Please add your variations in the comment section. I know this is a pretty common salad.

No comments: