Friday, November 16, 2007

Chicken Pot Pie

Alright, I have been promising a few people this recipe for quite awhile. Since I may never get them a copy I figured I should just post it for all. Enjoy!

2 c chicken, cooked & cubed 1 3/4 c chicken Broth
1/3 c butter 2/3 c milk
1/3 c flour 1c Frozen Peas
1/3 c chopped onion 1c cooked carrots
1/2 t salt 1 1/2c mushrooms quartered
1/4 t pepper 1 pkg of ready made pie crust

Make a roux (mix and stir until it all sticks together, be careful not to burn it, keep heat low) with butter, flour, onion, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in broth and milk. Heat to a boil, stirring constantly (sorry this takes a few minutes of your undivided attention). Add all else and put in pie shell. Bake at 425 for 30-35 min. Watch closely if the edges get too brown, cover the edges with foil.

Variations
We don't like mushrooms so instead I add 1c of frozen corn. I also boil my chicken and carrots in chicken broth. It adds a little extra flavor. I also use less salt when I do that.

Jenny

No comments: